Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox artwork proposal and discussion

On mar, 2003-10-21 at 21:59 +0200, Jakub Steiner wrote:
> Was there any reason not to use the same metaphore as iTunes for the
> smart playlist?

No.

The only reason that I can find is that the wheel is used in GNOME for
binaries and run application related stuff (see Actions->Run App or
GK_STOCK_EXEC), and a smart playlist is not an application.

But it's as auto-updating stuff, it executes some instruction, so....

Personally I love the little kind of magic in magic wand, but it's a personal taste.

UPDATE before sent it:

I'm playing a bit with latest rb HEAD, with new icons (well, plus the
stock_channel.png added by hand): we need a better way to visually
distinguish normal and automatic playlist. I'm not saying that current
icons don't work, but, in example, a different bg color for paper can be
useful. Or it can be visual noise... dunno  :-|

Beside you can't reorder items in source list, so playlists are listed
in the same order you create them. IHMO is not so good. :-(

Another solution to both troubles can be:

Library
Radio
------
<Playlist 1>
<Playlist 2>
<Playlist 3>
<AutoPlaylist 1>
<AutoPlaylist 2>
<AutoPlaylist 2>

But IMHO every users want to reorder items...