Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Refreshing the library...

> On Sun, 2003-10-19 at 09:33, Douglas McMorris wrote:
>> Is the library refresh thread started at startup or after the UI is
>> up?? b/c it seems would could give the user a working interface
>> quicker if we waited to start the refresh till its up.
>
> It's kicked off while the UI is in the process of loading, yeah.  I'm
> not sure how much of a win it would be to wait until after rb is loaded;
> after all, it's another thread, so the two things should happen
> simultaneously.

true, but its still eating resource while the rest of rb loads... kinda
like compiling while you load mozilla... although not as bad.  It still
has an effect on the UI coming up... I guess I should try it in the code
and see what effect it has.. comment out refresh and time it, them turn it
back on...

--
Douglas McMorris <dougmc83@mail.utexas.edu>