Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Exporting playlists to other media..

On Sat, 2003-10-11 at 13:16, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 05:02:15PM -0700, Theodore Reed wrote:
> > I don't see why this couldn't be done simply as items that pop up in the
> > source list, once HAL and DBus are working properly. Insert a blank CD,
> > HAL recognizes it, sends a message over DBus and A "CD Burner" source
> > appears in Rhythmbox, and you can then copy files to it.
> >
> > The only problem I see is that disappearing/reappearing sources might
> > confuse some people.
>
> I want it more generic.  It should also "burn" it into a flash memory card
> so that I can put it on my pocket pc if I want to.  So when I put a flash
> card in the reader RB (and everybody else who cares) should know such a
> thing exists and allow me to copy files to that medium.

I don't see how it could be more generic. Put your card into the reader,
the card pops up in the sources list. Using "Burn" for any media you
might wish to transfer to or play from might be very confusing. Heck,
using it as a replacement for "Write CD" is confusing already.

--
Theodore Reed <rizen@surreality.us>

This is a digitally signed message part