Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rip/Encode for RhythmBox?

No, not kidding.

I have seen all the grip switches/fields you referred to but I have not
given them a whole lot of thought.  I have certainly not *had* to
change any of those settings.  Grip came fully configured with defaults
in this installation.

I installed sound-juicer and it looks extremely nice.  I can certainly
agree that a new user might find this application much more
approachable than grip.

That said, I realize that many of the options that you are confronted
with in grip are precisely the options that made it usable for my 400
disk undertaking.  These options are not yet found in sound-juicer.  I
have already talked about 'rip/encode on drawer close' and 'eject after
ripping' but I am now reminded that I would have had a much harder time
had I not been able to direct the .wav files to a large local scratch
drive while placing the .ogg files on my much smaller music drive
across the network.  As for bit rates, etc., I was perfectly happy to
accept grip's defaults.  Sound-juicer probably has good defaults too.
Will hard-coded defaults please everyone?  Probably not.

Best of luck to the developers of sound-juicer.  May they make sound
choices when they consider which preferences to adopt and which to
avoid.  In the very least, I think we can agree that in grip they will
find a mature set to choose from.

Gisli