[Rhythmbox-devel] faad2 compiling problem?

I am dying to try out the new mpeg4 support for rb, but I am having
trouble compiling faad2-2.0-rc3.

This is what happens.... any ideas?

mendelssohn:~/tmp/faad2> ./bootstrap
configure.in:33: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow
cross compiling
automake: configure.in: installing `./install-sh'
automake: configure.in: installing `./mkinstalldirs'
automake: configure.in: installing `./missing'
automake: libfaad/Makefile.am: not supported: source file
`codebook/hcb.h' is in subdirectory
automake: libfaad/Makefile.am: not supported: source file
`codebook/hcb_1.h' is in subdirectory
automake: libfaad/Makefile.am: not supported: source file
`codebook/hcb_2.h' is in subdirectory
automake: libfaad/Makefile.am: not supported: source file
`codebook/hcb_3.h' is in subdirectory
automake: libfaad/Makefile.am: not supported: source file
`codebook/hcb_4.h' is in subdirectory
automake: libfaad/Makefile.am: not supported: source file
`codebook/hcb_5.h' is in subdirectory
automake: libfaad/Makefile.am: not supported: source file
`codebook/hcb_6.h' is in subdirectory
automake: libfaad/Makefile.am: not supported: source file
`codebook/hcb_7.h' is in subdirectory
automake: libfaad/Makefile.am: not supported: source file
`codebook/hcb_8.h' is in subdirectory
automake: libfaad/Makefile.am: not supported: source file
`codebook/hcb_9.h' is in subdirectory
automake: libfaad/Makefile.am: not supported: source file
`codebook/hcb_10.h' is in subdirectory
automake: libfaad/Makefile.am: not supported: source file
`codebook/hcb_11.h' is in subdirectory
automake: libfaad/Makefile.am: not supported: source file
`codebook/hcb_sf.h' is in subdirectory
automake: frontend/Makefile.am: not supported: source file
`$(top_srcdir)/common/faad/getopt.c' is in subdirectory
automake: Makefile.am: installing `./INSTALL'