Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] importing multiple locations?

On Sat, 2003-11-22 at 16:25, Chris Petersen wrote:
> I'm finally getting around to importing my full library into rhythmbox.
> My music is all stored under one directory, but inside of that I have my
> "ipod" directory which contains copies of songs already categorized in
> the rest of my library - thus, I can't just import my main music folder,
> as rhythmbox grabs the ipod songs, too.

Actual copies?  Hard links?  Symlinks?

> Anyway, long story short, is there any way I can tell it to import
> multiple folders?  I tried specifying them on the commandline and got
> errors or a hung process.  And if I try to import one subdirectory
> before another is done importing, instead of queueing the import (which
> would be awesome), it just stopped the first one without telling me.

If you do multiple imports at the same time, the ordering will be
vaguely nondeterministic, but they will both eventually finish (assuming
that you have no symlink loops).

This is a digitally signed message part