Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] importing multiple locations?

On Sun, 2003-11-23 at 18:59, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-11-22 at 16:25, Chris Petersen wrote:
> > I'm finally getting around to importing my full library into rhythmbox.
> > My music is all stored under one directory, but inside of that I have my
> > "ipod" directory which contains copies of songs already categorized in
> > the rest of my library - thus, I can't just import my main music folder,
> > as rhythmbox grabs the ipod songs, too.
>
> Actual copies?  Hard links?  Symlinks?

actual copies:

music
  _ipod
    album1
    album2
    album3
  genre1
    album1
  genre2
    album2
  genre3
    album3

the stuff in the ipod directory are different, separate copies - oggs
converted to mp3, etc. - and thus I'd like to ignore them when importing
by doing something like:

rhythmbox music/genre[123]   (or whatever)

I tried this with a single album directory, but rhythmbox (.6) either
hung or crashed.

> If you do multiple imports at the same time, the ordering will be
> vaguely nondeterministic, but they will both eventually finish (assuming
> that you have no symlink loops).

Yes, I noticed this after I had sent the email.  Apparently, rhythmbox
had imported the songs, but hadn't updated its interface for all of
them.  When I quit and restarted, everything showed up that was supposed
to.