Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox 0.6.0: "The Universe Is Finite"

I am getting this error on ./configure --prefix=/usr/local

configure: Rhythmbox was configured with the following options:
configure: ** Tree database is enabled
configure: ** MP3 support is enabled
configure: ** Ogg Vorbis support is enabled
configure: ** FLAC support is enabled
configure: ** gstreamer 0.7 backend is enabled (with workarounds)
configure: ** GtkTreeView workaround enabled
configure: WARNING: The following GStreamer elements could not be found
at compile time:  mad
configure: WARNING: Rhythmbox will fail at runtime if these elements
cannot be found
configure: End options

I have just installed gstreamer/gst-plugins-0.7.1 that indicated mad was
installed as a plugin.  I also ran gst-register as root and as user
before trying to configure 0.6.0.

Any ideas?

P.S.

libmad-0.15.0b and mad-0.14.2b installed to /usr/local.