[Rhythmbox-devel] unusable recent builds

I'm using Rhythmbox checked out from Gnome CVS (currently arch
patch-265) with GStreamer gstreamer-0.7.1.  The past few times I have
built rhythmbox I have encountered this problem, but I was successfully
building from CVS and using it with gstreamer-0.7.1 for a while (I'm not
sure of the exact date when things went wrong, sorry, but I think it was
sometime last week).

Anywho, I'll start fresh (no ~/.gnome2/rhythmbox directory) load my
music folder into Rhythmbox, and everything's fine.  Then I go to play a
file (an ogg or mp3) and it shows like its playing, but no sound.  If I
click to pause or skip (any of the play control functions) rhythmbox
freezes for good.  I can adjust the volume, or work with the UI and
everythings fine it's just play control.

I'm using osssink as my output sink, and I able to successfully play
music using 'gst-launch gnomevfssrc location=my_my3_file.mp3 ! mad !
volume ! $(gconftool-2 -g /system/gstreamer/default/audiosink)' or
'gst-launch gnomevfssrc location=my_my3_file.mp3 ! spider ! volume !
$(gconftool-2 -g /system/gstreamer/default/audiosink)' from the command
line.

If you need any other information I'd be happy to share it, but I guess
I was wondering more if this is just me or if other folks are
experiencing this.  Previous to this rhythmbox was at the most stable
state its been in (in my experience).

Oh and thanks Colin, et al. for a great media player.  It's been a
pleasure to follow along and see it progress.

--Mike Messmore