Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] unusable recent builds

On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 22:55, Mike Messmore wrote:
> I'm using Rhythmbox checked out from Gnome CVS (currently arch
> patch-265)

Note we're up to patch-282 now :)

> Anywho, I'll start fresh (no ~/.gnome2/rhythmbox directory) load my
> music folder into Rhythmbox, and everything's fine.  Then I go to play a
> file (an ogg or mp3) and it shows like its playing, but no sound.  If I
> click to pause or skip (any of the play control functions) rhythmbox
> freezes for good.  I can adjust the volume, or work with the UI and
> everythings fine it's just play control.

The tree has been in a fair state of flux for the past few days; it
seems I fix one thing and break another :/  But it does seem to work
fairly well for me now.  So it's quite probable you just got a bad
snapshot.  Could you try updating?

Also, the most helpful thing is to run Rhythmbox under gdb, and when it
freezes, type Control-C in gdb, then type 'thread apply all bt',
and report that as a bug.

This is a digitally signed message part