Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Crossfading Support?

Quoting Philip Alldredge <cilcoder@yahoo.com>:

> Are there any plans to add cross-fading to RB? Thanks.
> I think it would be a great feature. How hard do you
> think it would be to implement it(in case no one is
> planning on doing it)

Pretty hard.
Implementing visualization support in Rb should be quite a bit easier.

Reason for this is that Rb uses GStreamer and GStreamer operates on streams.
Basically: Play one stream, stop, resetup GStreamer pipeline, play next stream.
I would have ideas of how it might be possible, but it'd not going to be nice.