Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] moving closer to 0.6.0

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Christophe Fergeau
wrote:

> >   - Artist names starting with "the" should be sorted as if the "the"
> > wasn't there. E.g. /The Hurts/ should appear with other artists starting
> > with 'h'.
>
> Has rb ever done that? I'm not a big fan of it, since I'd also want
> Le/La/Les/L' to be dealt with the same way (french translations for
> the), spanish people would probably want El/... as well, ... and in the
> end you'd get many false positive (though the list to match could be
> translatable). Maybe that's not really an issue, but...

You really don't want to get into the trouble of doing semantic text
analysis. The next thing is people wishing to get sets of letters handled
the same based on language (a, ā, â, ä) while other languages don't and so
on. It might be an idea to use a lib that provides that if there is one
but doing that yourself is going to get ugly.
Apart from that people want "Zauberflöte, Die" but not "Another Day, Die"
when using German.

The correct fix is to change the tag of the mp3 files to read "Hurts, The"
anyway.

Benjamin