Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] yet another new mockup (meta)

On Mon, 2003-05-12 at 22:51, Jorn Baayen wrote:
> > > Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but I really can't find anything
> > > wrong with this. Someone want to check it against the HIG?
> > >
> > Volume has nothing to do with play/prev/next and therefore shouldn't be
> > grouped with those buttons. Besides that volume is a preference.
>
> Volume is not a preference, see earlier mail.
>
> In my mockups the volume button is in different group than the 3 playing
> buttons, although next to it - but with a spacing between those two
> button groups.

Yep, the spacing is probably a good idea.
However, the volume thingy is pretty much "stand-alone" anyway so it
could always be tweaked later if someone has an even better idea for it
(for example moving it to the statusbar wouldn't break anything).

> > Show/Hide browser is a preference too and has nothing to do in the middle
> > of my window. I'm managing songs in that region of the window, not
> > appearance.
>
> It's pretty commonly toggled I think, at least I do that all the time.
> (for choosing an album vs. just playing from the album)

It's also not a preference but a... well... expander. Just like the
"Additional Options" expander in the Search for Files dialog.

Daniel