Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Newer Mockup

Il sab, 2003-05-10 alle 10:44, MArk Finlay ha scritto:

> * Douglas's idea of using the magnifying glass icon seems so obvious
> now that he's said it. I've implemented it in this mockup. It saves
> screen real estate and is very obvious what it does.

mmhhmmhhh.... So you can't quickly Alt+S -> type words :-(

> >Yeah.  I think it looks good.  I would be pretty happy with either
> > this or Luca's, although I think I still like Luca's "simple" the
> > best, because it keeps the "From Album By Artist" thing which is a
> > cool rb feature.
>
> I donno. How often do you want to know the artist and album of the
> playing song. IMHO this one is SOOO much cleaner looking that it
> is worth sacraficing this info. But then again, that's only my
> opinion.

If I'm right the iTunes current song label scroll to artist and/or album
while playing, just like real players does in (LCD) displays.

But it's a crack!

Alternate: place "From by" widgets in "Remaining time" label's place,
and move time near slider (right or left)

> > I'm not sure that the bevel is such a good idea.  I dont' think
> > I've seen a single gnome app that uses such a thing.
>
> Well it's only my opinion but i REALLY love this bevel. But I also
> think it serves a very important usability purpose. It divides up the
> toolbar area into three areas making it much easier to get "a feel"
> for how rhythmbox works. So yeah, I've left it in in my mockup.

Well, honestly HIG said "Remove separator, use spacing", but it's a low
cost display emulator ;-)

--
Think bigger

			My uncle