[Rhythmbox-devel] State Of The Rhythmbox
- From: Colin Walters <walters verbum org>
- To: rhythmbox-devel gnome org
- Subject: [Rhythmbox-devel] State Of The Rhythmbox
- Date: 29 Jul 2003 21:13:27 -0400
So I know things got kind of slow for a while; I was busy with some
other projects and real life stuff.
But I've had a little time in the last two days, so I spent it doing
some Rhythmbox hacking.
First, I'd like to announce that we have a new website:
It is very simple, I know. But I like things that way. Moreover I
completely despise PHP, so it just had to go :) If anyone has any
suggestions for the site, I am open to hearing them.
Secondly, there have been a few thousand lines of changes to CVS HEAD.
The result is that playlists work, drag&drop works, cut&paste works.
I gutted and repatched the node system, and the result is going to be
more stable, I think.
As far as I can think of, these were the general-consensus goals for a
0.5.0 release. So I'd like to declare a feature freeze, and the start
of bugfixing. To help out the translators, it'd be nice if you could
try not to make string changes too.
There are definitely some important bugs remaining to be fixed. Off the
top of my head:
* Figuring out why songs sometimes jump around on play
* Making sure genres/artists/albums go away when all their songs are
* Adding a way to delete a playlist (this is a feature I guess :))
Speaking of bugs, Bugzilla has been getting bloated again. I haven't
had time to do any triage really. If someone stepped in and helped out
here I would be *eternally* grateful. Generally I haven't found
Bugzilla to be a net win on my time, unfortunately.
That's it for today!
] [Thread Prev