[Rhythmbox-devel] Future of Rhythmbox - some comments.

All,

These are just a few ideas that I have had, all of which are pretty much not thought through at all ..

a) Separate the browser from the player - having the player and the browser as distinct components seems sensible to me. This would allow other applications to call the player without having to add a track (or whatever) to the library.

b) Having a backend database which the browser can get information from is also a top idea (as was suggested earlier), again allowing outside applications to get information in  a structured manner.

c) Don't ditch the cd player, please fix it!

d) A release is badly needed, the 'when is rhythmbox going to be ready?" comments are getting quite common on gnomedesktop.org.

Just me 0.02 Euros.

Mark H.