[Rhythmbox-devel] blaat.

Zo, stelletje hoeren,

I lost faith in ever reaching a decent UI, so I took my crack pipe and
glade-gimped this together: http://nl.linux.org/~jorn/Files/f.png

Yes, it's more similar to the original UI than anything else. I used it
as a starting point since it seems to  work reasonably well for
non-queuing playback. The other designs have the problem that you can no
longer 'directly' play from the library, which is not too nice. This one
has the problems that you cannot easily queue without creating a
playlist, not so easy to create playlists, and the evil morphing play
button. Oh well.

OK, apart from what you can see on the shot here's some crack ideas I
had:
- rating in the player area instead of in the treeview, you only rate
songs you're listening to anyway
- 'smartly' decides which columns to show, for example when 'all' is
selected so artist and album columns, but if an album is selected hide
the album column. That way you always have the information you need,
without the treeview being too full all the time.
- easy predefined playlist creation queries, like 'songs i havent heard
in a week' or 'new songs'
- shuffle really shuffles the list
- scrollable filter area, scroll to the right to see the genre browser.
WE can prolly put the search entry somewhere in there too.
- no views, no changing menus. Just lists, with a special
everything-list called the library.
- audiocd is no problem, just another list
- we can probably implement iradio as a list thing as well, but we don't
 want to change the menus and toolbar in any way.

But, anyway, I think I'll retire from rb hacking for some time. I've had
enough of it for now, especially with all this forking madness, maybe
I'll be back hacking in some months. Just not now.

Oh, and walters, would you mind using a different list for netrb? And
perhaps a different IRC chan too? There's been quite a lot of useless
netrb spam on the list today.