Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] For claiming, 2 Rhythmbox bounties

I'm directly accessing the iPod (more accurately, I'm parsing the
iTunesDB file present on the iPod using a dedicated library). The reason
I'm doing that is because this iTunesDB file contains the list of songs
available from the iPod UI and it also stores the song name/album
name/artist name/... for each song on the iPod. I wanted to reuse this
information to avoid iterating over each song looking for tags, and a
gnome-vfs method can't make that information available.
If I ever work on synchronisation between rhythmbox and the iPod I'll
use a gnome-vfs method though.
It should be pretty easy to adapt the changes I have made so far to
handle another mp3 player: the only part which is really iPod specific
is the loading of the iPod library, which is pretty isolated from the
rest of the code.
Out of curiosity, what mp3 player are you working on ?

Christophe