[Rhythmbox-devel] Does rhythmbox work with gstreamer 6.x?

Hi,

When rhythmbox 's 5.2 released, I grab the tarball and want to give it a
try, however, I found that it doesn't compile.

I give me a error with something like wrong gstreamer version, I claim
to need gstream 5.x, but the gstreamer in my box is 6.x.

What should I do in order to use rhythmbox?

Another OT question, is there any introductory text about the
multi-media on linux, there is a lot of term in my mind (like mplayer,
xine, gstreamer, esd, arts, etc) but just doesn't a got a clear picture,
would you mind give me some suggestion?

Regards,
Zarick Lau