Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox 0.5.2 and xine

On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 21:26, Colin Walters wrote:

> I can't think of anything that really changed with 0.5.2 that would
> affect hangs. However if you have more than a few thousand songs (say
> 3000), it's a known problem that Rhythmbox is very slow.  We're working
> on it.

If the UI would appear to hang every minute or so, that was probably due
to the periodic library/iradio/playlist saving.  I've removed that now
in CVS.  I don't think it's needed as much anymore since Rhythmbox is
more reliable.

However James Kahn did some work to move it to another thread, hopefully
he'll be able to get that going soon.