Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Library Rescan.

On Wed, 2003-08-20 at 23:18, Alex Goddard wrote:
> Adding a song or two by hand isn't that hard with the current interface,
> but adding whole directories (say I've ripped a new CD) is a pain,

Why?  "Add to Library" works on directories.

>  as is
> making Rhythmbox pick up that I've changed a bunch of ID tags/filenames.
> Rhythmbox seems to correctly eliminate dead entries in the database, but
> doesn't pick up on new ones.

You mean entirely new files added to the directories where you intially
loaded from?

> There seems to be no easy way of telling Rhythmbox to rebuild the
> database.  The best option I've found is to fire up gconf-editor, and
> unset the "first time" flag and let Rhythmbox resan.

This is not any different from using "Add to library" again.

> I'd like to make this rescan something that is either done at startup,

Yes.  I don't see the need to add anything to the UI - it is a bug in
Rhythmbox.

Implementation wise - we will probably have to also keep track of the
directories scanned and their mtimes, and then reload from any that have
changed on startup.