Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [patch] add support for Multimedia Keys

Title:
Jan Arne Petersen wrote:
On Sun, 2003-08-17 at 01:39, Damien Covey wrote:

I've just build rhythmbox from CVS however I cannot figure out how to
get my multimedia keys to work.  What setting do I need to change to
get it to pick up my play, next, prev keys?

You can use acme to assign the play, next and prev keys. Or (if you know
the keycode of these keys) you can use xmodmap:

For example:

xmodmap -e "keycode 151 = XF86AudioStop"
xmodmap -e "keycode 159 = XF86AudioPlay"
xmodmap -e "keycode 162 = XF86AudioNext"
xmodmap -e "keycode 164 = XF86AudioPrev"

By the way is xmodmap also used by acme.

Regards
	Jan Arne Petersen

Ok, I found out my keycode using XMMS and so assigned them as described above.  They are also assigned in ACME.  However, they arent doing anything WRT rhythmbox. Hmm.  I've treid restarting X.  Tried with and without ACME running.
Has anyone got any more ideas, I'd be very thankfull.

--
Damien