Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Core dump in 0.4.99.4

On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 17:35, Matt Adam wrote:
> Is there anything else I can do to help debug this?  I'm using gentoo
>  linux so I'm kind of prepared for screwy rhythmbox behavior from the
>  bad old RB days :)

Yeap, and it would be great if anyone else that is experiencing crashes
with the prereleases could too.

Run them from gdb:

$ gdb
(gdb) file /path/to/rhythmbox
(gdb) run -d

If rb crashes, grab the last few dozen lines of debug output, and get a
backtrace by running:

(gdb) thread apply all bt

Grab the output from that - it can be very large.  Have a look at gnome
bugzilla - http://bugzilla.gnome.org - and see if you can find the same
bug there.  If you can, post any extra info you have on it.  Otherwise,
file a new bug with as much information about what you were doing at the
time as you can, and attach the rb-debug output and the backtrace.

Cheers,
James.
--
James Kahn <james@liet.net>