Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] discussion question

I still don't understand how musicbrainz works when trying to tag an
audiostream. This is especially interesting because different versions of the
same song don't result in the same audio stream - especially when compression
is used. (Think about ogg vs AAC vs 192kB mp3 vs 128kB mp3 versus different mp3
encoders vs ...)
Until I'm convinced that that tagging just works, I'm not gonna advocate it.
But when I'm conviced that it does indeed work, I'm probably the first to write
a GStreamer element that does the retagging automagically, since I have loads
of mp3 from loads of places that are all tagged differently (or not at all).

Benjamin