Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox / Sound Juicer Integration

On 31 Jul 2003 17:02:30 -0400
Sean Harshbarger <harshy@dersoldat.org> wrote:

> I think we need to focus on our feature freeze bugs before we get too
> into adding more. I think the Extract and Burn options should come at
> the same time. I would say, after this feature freeze, but also after
> say album cover display and id3 tags editing (If these are indeed
> planned features).

Album cover display? Seems to me that this would be at the bottom of the
list. It's not something that's likely to be useful to many people. I
think tag editing, ripping and burning are much more important. Hell, even
support for Ogg FLAC is more important than cover display. Just GUI sugar,
that.

I vote for functionalness now, GUI sugar later. (I can't see myself really taking
the time to add the covers for all the albums I've ripped as it is. I think lyric display
would be more useful, but still even that would be very low priority.)

-- Theodore Reed

PGP signature