Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox / Sound Juicer Integration

On Thu, 2003-07-31 at 17:15, Jakub Steiner wrote:
> V P? 01. 08. 2003 v 00:04, Bob Smith píše:
>
> > There's on going debate as to what to call it. Rip is a fairly geeky
> > term which non geeks might have a problem understanding. Import is
>
> Apple's consumers aren't very geeky overall and Rip, Mix & Burn are
> terms everyone is pretty familiar with. But I'm fine with extract after
> all. It's just that it feels more foreign than rip actually ;) (I'm bet
> even for non-geeks)

Ah this is true. You always have to realize that someone will not know
the terms used in a field like ours.

My take is call it extract. It sounds better then Rip.

As to using SJ for this, I can concur with that. Another thought also
comes to mind, and that is writing a burning/ripping library for RB to
use. Maybe an option can be added to SJ that will tell RB (by gconf
key)? to regenerate the library with the new songs.

I think we need to focus on our feature freeze bugs before we get too
into adding more. I think the Extract and Burn options should come at
the same time. I would say, after this feature freeze, but also after
say album cover display and id3 tags editing (If these are indeed
planned features).

Just my 2 and 1/2 cents to the world.
--
Sean Harshbarger		|   "Only two things are infinite,
harshy@dersoldat.org		|   the universe and human stupidity,

Key fingerprint = 086A AA96 51DD D84D 3E64  1B26 778F 2335 C828 E736

This is a digitally signed message part