Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] (net) rhythmbox development

Colin Walters wrote:

>On Sat, 2003-04-05 at 11:11, Dave Rigby wrote:
>

>>Now the main reason I'm emailing you is to tru and get soem idea about
>>the direction that rhythmbox and net-rhythmbox are going.
>>Where does monkey-media fit in? - as an example I've found that the
>>snapshot of monkey-media in netrb CVS doesn't get the information on a
>>variable bit-rate mp3 right - now I could submit a patch to fix this,
>>but does it go to monkey-media CVS, or is that 'dead' like the main
>>rhythmbox branch?
>>
>>Is rhythmbox main 'dead', or is it just resting?
>>

>net-rhythmbox hasn't had major changes in a while because I haven't had
>very much time.  The rhythmbox tree has no active maintainer at the
>moment I believe.
>
>What I still plan to do is to merge net-rhythmbox and rhythmbox.  We're
>all agreed that having two trees is bad.
>
>Probably the first thing to do would be to un-fork monkey-media.  I
>doubt jorn would object to a new release now.

OK thanks - As far as unforking monkey-media is concerned, I'm willing
to see if I can merge it back into the main CVS. When you took a
snapshot of it, do you know what tag / version you branched from the
main m-m CVS? That would be helpful in trying to bring it back together....

Regards

Dave Rigby