[Rhythmbox-devel] CD Format

It would appear that rhythmbox may be running its course.
Sad.  I have 500+ CDs that I ripped into ogg format.  Very
hard to manage.  Rhythmbox needs lots of CPU to deal with it.
I had an idea.  Maybe this will help.  Maybe not.
First.  I can code.  C is my preferred language but C++ is doable
in a pinch.

I was thinking about encoding an entire CD into 1 file.  It would
take a header and some more information (I've started to look at
the format) but would be pretty easy.  The tracks would be encoded
with Flac (default) but Ogg (or any encoder for that matter) would
be possible.  CD and Track information would be included to "reverse"
the process and make a CD.  Scans of cover art are allowable.

It would take some changes to Rhythmbox to read the format.  I could
help with that.  Advantage of this is my 500+ CDs would be in 500 files.
Much easier to tear through that than the thousands of individual files.

This solution has nothing to do with single tracks.  They have a format
(Ogg)
and would not be addressed.

Comments?