Re: Freeze break exception for the new lock screen

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 12:08 pm, Allan Day <aday gnome org> wrote:
Would it be possible to arrange a freeze exception for the lock screen work, so we can plan on having another week to get it merged? We don't expect there to be any new strings and I'm happy to coordinate with docs and marketing.

Certainly possible, but it is wise? Making big changes to the shell late in the release cycle has high risk of regressions, and we need to be focusing on release quality. That merge request is huge. And having spent a couple weeks in an old fork of the login/unlock dialog a few years ago trying to fix simple bugs, I'm terrified of any changes.

Then again, at least it's not the login screen. Unlock dialog is simpler.

Florian, what do you think?

If we do a freeze exception, we'll want to test:

* Automatic lock after delay
* Manual lock with Ctrl+L
* Fingerprint unlock
* Smartcard or OTP unlock