Re: Time to move to Discord...?

On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 9:20 am, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
You mean Discourse, I guess.

Er, yeah... different things :P

Using https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/releng/ feels a bit like a stretch to me, compared to the existing https://gitlab.gnome.org/Teams/ scheme,
so might want a separate team project in Gitlab.

Yeah, a Team would be better. I think that could easily replace our mailing list.

Regarding getting acquainted to new infrastructure technology:
  For Gitlab I have at least found out that
https://gitlab.gnome.org/profile/notifications
allows defining mail notifications on a per-project level.
  For Discourse I have no idea how to set notifications for an r-t
channel / category / whatever it's called.

Preferences -> Notifications -> Categories

Now, I haven't actually tried this before and I don't know if the workflow will be satisfactory. But it *looks* like it would work.

Maybe GitLab wins regardless, though, because it's fundamentally an issue tracker and that's more or less how we use this mailing list.

Michael