Re: FYI: vte 0.56.2 + No more ftp tarballs

I think for the time being, the practical consequence is that we'll no longer update vte in our flatpak runtimes, until we make changes to our release infrastructure to support this. (Which we've been considering doing for a long time anyway; we seem to have consensus that in the long term we'd like to move to using git tags instead of tarballs.) Anyway, we're not there yet, and we won't spend special effort to handle vte and gnome-terminal manually.

The recommended way to generate tarballs with meson is 'meson dist'. It is much easier than with autotools.