Re: FYI: vte 0.56.2 + No more ftp tarballs

Hey Egmont,

Thanks for the heads up!

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 11:59 AM Egmont Koblinger <egmont gmail com> wrote:
- VTE 0.56.2 was released ahead of schedule in order to fix a crash
(RH #1701590). Could you please update the Rawhide (F30) package? (F29
with VTE 0.54.x is unaffected.)

- VTE git master (0.57 series) switched to the meson build system and
dropped autotools. Since there are no longer any autogenerated files
to distribute, we will no longer manually create tarballs and upload
them to the static ftp/http download area. Instead, you should check
out particular tags from git, or download the autogenerated tarballs
from gitlab at https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/vte/tags.
(gnome-terminal is likely to follow soon, I won't send a separate FYI,
you'll notice it when it happens.)

I guess I could live with downloading the autogenerated GitLab
tarballs for the purposes of building Fedora packages. I wonder if
this has a bearing on how the GNOME release team builds things to
prepare the upstream GNOME releases. I have CC'ed them.

Cheers,
Rishi