Re: aarch64/arm builders

On Thu, 2018-03-01 at 21:15 -0800, Christian Hergert wrote:
The arm/aarch64 SDK builders on gnome-nightly seem to be about a year
out of date. Are there plans to get these updated, or is that blocking
on BuildStream? Maybe we just forgot about them?

What are the "builders on gnome-nightly" ?

If you mean the sdk builders which run the scripts I threw together a
while ago, i.e.:

  https://github.com/flatpak/flatpak-build-scripts/

Which run on https://gnome1.codethink.co.uk and
https://gnome1.codethink.co.uk then how do you mean outdated ?

I basically just do what Alex asks me to; the tooling should be up to
date there, sometimes they need a shove to get unblocked - and more
rarely he changes the config of what gets built so I mirror that config
on our builders.

I'm trying to get the final touches fixed in Builder for 3.28 that
allows building for ARM (so that we can support the Purism phone).

Having a 3.28 SDK is perfectly fine, it doesn't have to be master.
Perhaps that's in the plan already, given that we have a 3.26 which
appears to be newer than the SDKs on gnome-nightly.

Maybe this is a publishing problem ? and maybe "gnome-nightly" is a
place where people pull built SDKs from ?

There is no automated publishing system either for the above mentioned
builders, instead from what I recall; Alex has to manually go and run a
script which pulls the latest builds from the machines and puts them on
sdk.gnome.org for consumption.

Cheers,
    -Tristan