Re: [glib][GDateTime] API and string freeze break request

8.02.2018 11:08 Alexandre Franke <afranke gnome org> wrote:

[...] We would appreciate if you could give us an idea of the
number of new strings.

24 strings, which is the number of months in year in Gregorian calendar
multiplied by 2 (full names and abbreviated names) while in most of
the languages they will be just a copy of existing month names.
Although as the patch is not yet accepted and can be discussed I'd prefer
an option where due to the context change 24 existing strings are split
into 48 strings to avoid the confusion why the translators having provided
"month names" must again provide "month names as used in dates".

This freeze break request will be followed by more freeze break
requests (string only):

Depending on when that happens, you may still not be in string freeze yet.

I'm currently reviewing my old patches and indeed it seems that some
of them do not need to wait for glib2 patches and can be accepted as
soon as the maintainers agree.

Regards,

Rafal