Re: [glib][GDateTime] API and string freeze break request

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 1:22 AM, Rafal Luzynski
<digitalfreak lingonborough com> wrote:
* String changes: new forms of month names will have to be added.
Bad news: for all (really all) languages. Good news: in 90% of languages
it will be just a copy of existing month names; also these month names
will be actually used only on those systems which do not yet provide
them (the latest glibc 2.27 supports all, BSD partially). Does anybody
have a superpower to insert the month names if the translators are
inactive?

Thanks for the heads up. We are currently in string change
announcement period and the freeze has not started yet, so you don’t
need approval. We would appreciate if you could give us an idea of the
number of new strings.

This freeze break request will be followed by more freeze break
requests (string only):

Depending on when that happens, you may still not be in string freeze yet.

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker & Foundation Director