Re: Release scripts ready for 3.27.3 - Quick HOWTO

On 11/30/2017 11:15 AM, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
$ cd ../gnome-modulesets
$ bst track core-deps/m4-common.bst base/crates.bst

The result of this is we'll have specific commit references for the
above two components which dont have any corresponding tarballs, which
is fine.

Actually I don't think that's fine. m4-common is used for generating release tarballs, not building them; it should not be required for the release. And I'm not sure what crates is, but if that's Rust crates, they should all be included in the librsvg tarball.

So we have some modules that are needed when building from git, but not from tarballs. Probably modules that don't have corresponding tarballs should be dropped from the bst moduleset. I think that's what the original convert-to-tarballs script did.

Michael