Re: GJS 1.47.90 a day or two later

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 5:10 PM Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro gnome org> wrote:
On Tue, 2017-02-14 at 00:26 +0000, philip chimento gmail com wrote:
> Hi release team,
>
> Cosimo and I are working to get all the patches reviewed on bug
> 777962 in order to release GJS 1.47.90 based on SpiderMonkey 38.
>
> I noticed the deadline for tarballs was half an hour ago, so I wanted
> to give you a heads up that the tarball will arrive hopefully
> tomorrow, or Wednesday at the very latest.
>
> Best regards,
> Philip C

OK, I think that's fine; thanks for the heads-up. It will be great to
have newer SpiderMonkey in GNOME 3.24.

I'll just request that you be prepared to revert to SpiderMonkey 31 for
the final release (e.g. by branching at some earlier commit) if people
start reporting unexpected compatibility issues with applications.

Michael

That's the backup plan, though I'm hoping we can instead use the coming month to fix any compatibility issues. I've already tested that gnome-shell works and Cosimo has tested gnome-documents and sushi.

Best,
Philip C