Re: UI freeze break request for gnome-shell

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 4:45 PM, Giovanni Campagna
<giocampagna92 gmail com> wrote:
Hello release-team,

long time no see :)

I'd like to request a UI freeze break to solve bug 660293 (which is a dupe
of 740750).

There are no screenshots in the bug, but what it does is fairly simple:
instead of popping up a network password modal dialog out of the blue, it
shows a notification asking for password.
You click on the notification and you get the usual dialog. You dismiss the
notification and the connection fails.
The UI was acked by designers.

I made sure to reuse existing strings (including some typographical fixes
which are not visible in the patch attached to the bug, but I have locally),
so this is only a UI freeze break, not a string freeze break.

Hi Giovanni,

a strong +1 from me for the release team. Getting rid of spontaneous
modal dialogs has been one of the things we've pushed for with the
target bug list. Nice to see that we'll make some progress on this
before the gates close for 3.16.