Re: Is it possible to update gtk-doc comments within the hard-code freeze?

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 10:31 AM, Milan Crha <mcrha redhat com> wrote:
        Hello,
I'm wondering whether I'm able (and allowed) to update gtk-doc
comments, developer help in general, during the hard-code freeze
period. The hard-code freeze looks like an ideal time for such changes
to me.

I would not change any real (in my case C) code, at least not directly
(if there will be required any annotation fixes, then they can
eventually update language bindings and introspection), thus I guess
it should be fine, together with a change of exported gtk-doc sections
and functions and so on.

What do you think, please?

If you change annotations, that might very well appear as an api
change in bindings, and cause breakage. For those, I'd always want to
have some review by introspection experts. Beyond that, changing doc
comments may break your build (if you manage to confuse gtk-doc
badly), but that seems less likely.