Re: qqwing as GNOME Sudoku depencency

Hi,

On Thu, 2014-07-24 at 14:17 -0500, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
For 3.13.90 we want GNOME Sudoku to depend on qqwing for puzzle
generation. qqwing is a faster and more reliable Sudoku puzzle generator
than the one currently implemented by GNOME Sudoku.

It's not currently packaged by major distros, but it's small and has no
dependencies.

The project homepage is http://ostermiller.org/qqwing/.  We would be
depending on the C++ library, not the Java jar.

Spontaneously I have mixed feelings:
While the API/ABI freeze is with 3.13.90 on August 18th, this feels like
stuff to preferably do at the beginning of a schedule so distributions
can realize and allocate resources to package "qqwing".
But in theory we could warn distributions via distributor-list

Could you please elaborate a bit what your judgement that it's faster
and more reliable is based on? (Even if a small library, I wonder how
well that code is tested if it's not packaged by major distros.)

Thanks,
andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net