systemd in 3.12

Hi all,

We had a page on https://wiki.gnome.org/Systemd listing the places
where systemd was required (do we want to keep it uptodate?), and
there's a note in the "Systemd for the user session" feature page[1]
stating "we still support non-systemd systems".

But I recently noted (due to a missing systemd devel package on my
end) that there's some intertwining between gnome-session, gnome-
control-center, and systemd and upower:

 - gnome-session can build with an older upower (< 0.99), and in that
   case it supports both systemd and consolekit.
 - gnome-session can build with new upower, and in that case it only
   supports systemd.
 - gnome-control-center cannot be built with older upower.

What could be the plans, now?

 - make gnome-control-center work with both old and new upower
 - make gnome-control-center disable some parts when upower is not
   recent enough
 - make gnome-session support consolekit and recent upower at the same
   time
 - remove consolekit support from gnome-session
 - anything else?

        Fred

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/ThreePointEleven/Features/SystemdUserSession