Re: Releases for gnome-bluetooth/gnome-user-share

Em Tue, 2013-07-23 às 12:20 +0100, Javier Jardón escreveu:
Hi,

On 23 July 2013 09:30, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:

Heya,

I won't be around after GUADEC, so I'll miss the 3.9.90 and 3.10
releases. Would somebody in the release team be able to take care of the
gnome-bluetooth and gnome-user-share releases for me at that point?

I will happily help to make this releases if needed.

I'll be working with Gustavo Padovan to finish off the port of
gnome-user-share to BlueZ 5. If it ends up that the release team don't
want to support BlueZ 5 in GNOME 3.10, please branch and release the
latest 3.8 branches of both as 3.10 releases.

Ok, noted.

The gnome-user-share port cannot be finished because BlueZ 5's obexd is
severely lacking. There is no control over ObexFTP (it's always
enabled!?), and there is no way to disable ObexPush when switching users
so multi-user systems could have multiple ObexPush services running
which isn't supported by the majority of devices.

Gustavo Padovan, who worked on the BlueZ5 port of gnome-bluetooth
mentioned that he could not get funding from the same source (Intel) to
add the missing features to obexd and BlueZ, so we won't have Bluetooth
file sharing in GNOME 3.10.

Cheers