Re: Some deps issues with current jhbuild

Il giorno 25/mag/2012 12:46, "Matthias Clasen" <matthias clasen gmail com> ha scritto:

> On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 6:00 AM, Luca Ferretti <lferrett gnome org> wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > a quick email before opening, if needed, related bugs or direclty
> > appling changes to git.
> >

> > ## build colord before gtk+ ##
> > gtk+ checks for colord availability, but colord is not in <suggests>
> > for gtk+ module. OK to add it? It seems unharmful to me, but I don't
> > know if was intentional or just missing
>
> Not really that important, but would be harmless to add.

Good, I'll take care of this, hopefully today (by now I'm on mobile)

> > ## gnome-shell requires gdm to run ##
> > Due to recent changes in gnome-shell you need gdm at runtime. The
> > actual issue seems related to meta-gnome-core-os-services metamodule,
> > defined in gnome-suites-core but unused[1]. OK to add
> > <dep>meta-gnome-core-os-services</dep> in meta-gnome-core?
>
> No, meta-gnome-core-os-services is really just informational. We don't
> want to build these in jhbuild, because they are core os services. You
> should probably file a gnome-shell bug to make it deal gracefully with
> gdm missing.

Yes, it seems better. Marking as blocker for 3.6 too (or any other kind of urgent/important issue we have on bugzilla, of course)?

> > ## gnome-control-center depends on libpwquality ##
> > Another recent addition, now g-c-c has a hard dependence on
> > libpwquality. Bastien added a libpwquality module in core-deps[2], but
> > I suspect he missed to add the related <dep> in g-c-c module
> > definition. However, is it fine to add libpwquality in core deps and
> > make g-c-c hard depends on it (see comment 12 on [2])?
>
> Sorry, that was me. I forgot to make the moduleset adjustments. If you
> want to do it, go ahead.

It seem gnome-disks-utility depends on it too. I'll update modules definition and send a note on desktop devel and distributor mailing list. Do you know if an homepage or any other info page for libpwquality is or will be available?

Cheers, Luca