Re: [GTK+ hard code freeze] Revert gtk_menu_popup API break

Hello Matthias,

Matthias Clasen [2012-03-19  5:51 -0400]:
> My understanding was that gtk_menu_popup was not perfectly working,
> since it was missing the destroy notify.

That's correct. In fact, it's not introspectable at all, so you cannot
use it in GI programs. The API break is not about making this
available, but making gtk_menu_popup_for_device() _not_ available any
more, as the "rename to:" really renames it, instead of making it
available in addition under the new name.

> If the documentation does not match, that is clearly a bug in the
> implementation of 'Rename to'.

No, it's not. If you export two functions a(int, char*) and b(char*),
and then you rename "a" to "b", then the C documentation for b will
still say (char*), but your function actually takes (int, char*).

> Anyway, I need some more opinions from bindings authors before making
> this decision. Lets see if I collect some.

Thanks! Please feel free to come by in #introspection on Freenode to
discuss this.

Martin