Re: NetworkManager-vpnc 0.9.3.995

On Fri, Mar 02, 2012 at 01:32:59PM -0600, Dan Williams wrote:
> > Please do not use -Werror in tarballs. Note that NetworkManager itself
> > also fails, but at least not due to -Werror:
>
> -Werror isn't the problem, that catches bugs.  What's the problem is
> that these by default enable deprecation warnings, which trigger the
> Werror.  We've fixed that for the applet at least, but not the VPN
> plugins.  So we'll turn deprecation warnings off for the plugins too,
> since code that supports both GtkGrid and the old stuff is a pain in the
> ass, and hopefully we can just ride the old code until it gets fully
> removed from Gtk.

Cool, thanks!

Is this something which is wrong by default in GNOME? I'm trying to
build packages asap, and such -Werror and so on requires manual
workarounds, slowing down the package release process.

> > http://pkgsubmit.mageia.org/uploads/failure/cauldron/core/release/20120302191059.ovitters.valstar.22359/log/networkmanager-0.9.3.995-1.mga2/build.0.20120302191100.log
> >
> > | nm-device-vlan.c: In function 'carrier_watch_init':
> > | nm-device-vlan.c:541:32: error: 'IFF_LOWER_UP' undeclared (first use in
> > | this function)
> > | nm-device-vlan.c:541:32: note: each undeclared identifier is reported
> > | only once for each function it appears in
> >
> > I'm still checking that error.

Still figuring this out. Seems like I need to include
kernel-userspace-headers as builddep.

--
Regards,
Olav