Re: Nautilus UI freeze break request

On Tue, 2012-08-28 at 14:54 -0400, Cosimo Cecchi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have a patchset in Nautilus that redesigns the "Connect to Server" dialog.
> Notable changes are:
> - the dialog now remembers and keeps track of the servers you
> connected to in the past (allowing you to remove or clear the list on
> context menu)
> - instead of having the dialog construct the URI manually from the
> various comboboxes/controls, we now use an entry box to type the URI
> directly. This is more consistent with what other OS use for the same
> feature

Docs team: This means somebody need to completely rewrite
nautilus-connect.page to:
1) Describe how to write the URIs in general.
2) List the available URI schemes and what they're for.
3) Describe how to put details like username, port, folder,
etc. into the URL.

Writing made-up URLs by hand seems like a trip back to 2001
to me. It does mean there's more to document. Who wants to
do it?

> - we have now a "Browse" button in the dialog directly

What does the Browse button do? Just close the dialog and
take you to the Browse Network location in Nautilus?

--
Shaun