Re: Re: Ubuntu may ship Nautilus 3.4 in Ubuntu 12.10 and consider other file managers

On 9 August 2012 18:24, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
> We should ensure that things like Nautilus changes are
> announced/proposed during Feature phase.

Agree

First of all: I like the new nautilus and I think is an improvement in
comparison with the previous version.

But in my opinion nautilus is not a normal application (at least for
now), but a core one, so these big changes should have been follow the
Feature process.
In the rt meeting we had in GUADEC, I propossed to use nautilus 3.4
for GNOME 3.6 and reevaluate the current changes in the 3.8 Feature
proposal period, but it was decided to carry on taking a look to
possible regression and also request a explanation of the future plans
to the developers.

Lets try to do better next time and try that maintainers
announce/propose big changes during Feature phase.

Regards

--
Javier Jardón Cabezas