Re: folks and gnome-contacts are going to make your lives miserable

On Sun, 2011-09-04 at 18:35 +0200, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> 2011/9/4 Philip Withnall <philip tecnocode co uk>:
> >
> > It should be noted that it's quite possible that extra important bugs
> > will come to light as Alex's work on gnome-contacts continues.
> > (Hopefully not too many though.)
> >

> BTW I haven't yet checked if this was reported, but I noticed on a
> fresh user you have to start evolution at least one time in order to
> have contacts listed in gnome-contacts.

This is a known issue and is due to the fact that address book sources
(particularly, the ones coming from GOA) in EDS are managed by
Evolution, rather than by EDS itself. Evolution has to be started at
least once to grab accounts from GOA and push them into EDS.

As I understand it, this can't be fixed without a fairly big
rearchitecting of EDS which won't happen for 3.2.

(Alex, please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Philip