Re: folks and gnome-contacts are going to make your lives miserable

On Sun, 2011-09-04 at 10:49 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 6:55 AM, Philip Withnall <philip tecnocode co uk> wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > We don't want to make your lives miserable, but we're probably going to
> > end up doing so.
> >
> > There are a number of big bugs still open against libfolks which we're
> > working on as fast as we can in order to make gnome-contacts work for
> > GNOME 3.2. However, there are probably still going to be some delays in
> > getting all the necessary work done in libfolks and released, which is
> > probably going to have knock-on effects on when gnome-contacts can be
> > released.
> >
> > We're trying to get the API-changing stuff done first, so that
> > gnome-contacts can depend on API-stable versions of folks, which can
> > then be fixed later.
> Philip,
> thanks for the warning.
> Is there a list of bugs we could watch to know how things are progressing ?

At a broad level, there's:

However, not all of those are critically important for gnome-contacts.
The ones I'd say are important are:

It should be noted that it's quite possible that extra important bugs
will come to light as Alex's work on gnome-contacts continues.
(Hopefully not too many though.)