Re: String freeze break request for gnome-panel

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 10:13 AM, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
> Hi translators,
>
> To make the fallback mode look much closer to gnome-shell, I'd like to
> merge a new user menu in gnome-panel. As mentioned previously, there are
> strings I can reuse from gnome-shell, and I already have a script to add
> those translations to the gnome-panel po files. But I hadn't realized
> there are two new strings (for the addto dialog).
>
> The two new strings are:
>  "User Menu"
>  "Menu to change your settings and your online status"
> They are only visible in the addto dialog, hidden between many other
> strings.
>
> The strings I'll import from gnome-shell are:
>  "Available"
>  "Busy"
>  "Switch User"
>  "My Account"
> Those are quite visible, but on the other hand, if they're not
> translated in gnome-shell, then it won't be worse in gnome-panel.
>
> I know this is again a last-minute change, and it's asking a lot from
> translators, but this will make a real difference by really having a
> fallback experience much closer to the gnome-shell one.

Here is the command I just used to pull existing translations from the shell.
Maybe you can do the equivalent for those strings.

for l in `cat ~/gnome-3.0/checkoutroot/gnome-shell/po/LINGUAS`; do
export LANGUAGE=$l; text=`gettext 'gnome-shell' 'firmware missing'`;
^Cho -e "\nmsgid \"Firmware missing\"\nmsgstr \"$text\"\n" >> $l.po;
done